Donating your reptile's sheds to JKR Gear
JKR Gear uses a donation model to receive sheds from Venom Labs, Zoos, and conservation facilities around the world who believe in and support JKR Gear's mission. In turn, with each product we sell containing one of these sheds, we make a contribution to the facility housing the animals (or to the charity of their choice).
Now, for the first time we want to give reptile breeders and hobbyists a voice toward protecting our rights to keep reptiles and educate the public of the value these animals contribute to our lives.
We are using a two pronged approach, when you give sheds to JKR Gear you can choose to help by:
1. Attacking the problem directly by contributing to USARK as they represent the reptile community's interests in Washington DC. USARK has been defending our rights since 2008 and was instrumental in many victories against proposed legislation that would limit our freedom to keep these exotic species.
2. Contributing to non-reptile charities. This is a long-term approach to raise awareness of the value of these creatures and ensure that because of our far reaching influence, banning these animals will affect EVERYONE, not just reptile keepers. We are calling this program Sheds for Shelter. Donations go to Feeding America to fight hunger and homelessness across the nation.
How will my reptile's shed be used?
We will use your reptile's shed in our Biomeld products, then contribute a portion of each sale toward defending your right to keep these animals. Since every type of shed has a different value to us and to our customers, this amount will vary.How to donate your reptile's sheds to JKR Gear.
1. Ensure the shed is flat and dry, remove as much substrate from the shed as possible without damaging it.
2. Gently roll or fold the dry shed(s) and place in a plastic zip lock bag.
3. Use a permanent marker to write the species of your pet on the baggie. (one species per bag, please)
4. Optional: If your pet has a unique color or pattern, please feel free to include a photo.
5. Place the bagged sheds into a box without crushing it. (we recommending using USPS priority boxes)
6. Write "USARK" or "Sheds for Shelter" on the box, so we can support the organization of your choice. If you wish to receive recognition for your donation, please include your name / business in the box.
7. Address your package to:
67 Sherwood Ct
Toccoa Ga, 30577
How many sheds will you accept?
We are happy to receive as many sheds as you wish to send. To save on your shipping costs we recommend you save at least 5 sheds before sending them to JKR Gear.